Project Interior Designer
“Inspiring People at Work”.
This is both what we do and who we are. For over 35 years, we have focused on turning our clients’ vision into imaginative and functional solutions. We are an agile group of individuals from diverse backgrounds and we are currently seeking an innovative and inspired team member who is passionate about design to join our team. We are open to receiving thoughtful and fresh perspectives and strive for boutique-quality design. This is a long-term position for someone who aspires to find “their place” in a firm that works on solutions and not problems.
Job Description and Opportunities
· Your role will be both design and technically focused.
· You possess a high level of design aesthetic and professionalism.
· You will function as a primary contact with clients and consultants.
· You are results oriented and take the initiative.
· You possess strong presentation and communication skills.
· You have a thorough understanding of materials, furniture and furniture systems, lighting and the unordinary.
· You will be responsible for multiple projects simultaneously while working under minimum supervision.
· You’re able to prepare design and materials presentations.
· You understand all project phases including programming, space planning, design, FF&E and materials selection, as well as permitting, bidding, construction documents and construction observation.
· You’re familiar with construction means, methods and procedures as well as building and accessibility codes .
· You’re able to review submittals, shop drawings and RFI’s.
· Participation in after-hours industry and networking events is encouraged.
· Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture. NCIDQ certification preferred, but not required.
· Minimum 7-9 years post-graduate work experience in commercial interior design.
· Proficient in AutoCAD. AutoCAD is the primary drafting software in the office and is used daily. Revit experience is preferred, but not required.
· Proficient in Adobe Applications, SketchUp, Bluebeam and other design & presentation related programs.
· Exceptional life/work balance.
· Competitive salary based on experience.
· Full benefits package.
OK, now that you have read all the expected stuff (yep….we think it’s pretty dry too), we suggest you just come in and check us out. Join our team and get some great experience and have some fun at the same time.
Please submit a resumé and portfolio for consideration. For further information, please contact Liz Peron firstname.lastname@example.org.